Hiring People with Disabilities
Hiring People with Disabilities (PwD) is:
- A Way to Add Value to Your Organization
- A Strategic Way to Strengthen Your Workforce
- An Informed Business Decision
- An Achievable Goal
Your Single Point of Contact Ė A Unique and Invaluable Resource:
Your Single Point of Contact (SPOC) is a professional trained by the PA Office of Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) who is committed to long-term success of your PwD hiring decisions and adding value to your business or organization.
Broadly, a SPOCís services (provided at no cost to you), include:
- Serving as a liaison between you (the employer) and the many resources available, simplifying communication and implementation.
- Assembling and facilitating the PwD core team.
- Providing leadership, experience, and knowledge.
- Serving you and your business or organization as a respected resource, advocating for your interests as well as your employees.
- Guiding you through every step of the process.
The SPOC may assist federal contractors in satisfying their U.S. Department of Labor Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs outreach requirements.
For more information and answers to questions like:
- Why is hiring more people with disabilities an opportunity?
- Is there benefit for my company to hiring more people with disabilities?
- What is a core team, who is on it, and what value does it have for my company?
- What steps will our company need to take to prepare for any new PwD Employee?
- How can this initiative add value to our bottom line and maintain a continuous pipeline of talent into business?
The Pennsylvania Office of Vocational Rehabilitation at 800-442-6352 and/or Pennsylvania Business Leadership network at 866-902-4333 x 90115 or email them at ASKTHEBLN@blnofpa.org
Pennsylvania Rehabilitation Council
55 Utley Drive, Camp Hill, PA 17011